We have checked many of the overwintered nucs and they all doing well. We still need to check for brood disease and they still need to build up more in size but i would expect them to be ready in about 2-3 weeks. If you have ordered an overwintered, please expect contact from us over the next couple of weeks to arrange collection or delivery
The weather is starting to warm up which is good news for the bees. We are getting asked alot about when they will be ready so everyone much be getting excited too We are still on schedule for an April collection/delivery day. We do need to let the weather warm up more before we can start proper inspections which will give us a better timescale but i would think mid-end April at the moment. We will update here as soon as we know more.
Please dont be concerned if you are away during that period, you will not miss out on the bees. We will continue to contact you until we get hold of you. Sometimes it is better to wait until after your holiday to collect bees rather than rushing to get them just before. We are always more than willing to hold on to them until you are ready.
All of our overwintered nucs have now sold are we are now taking orders for the 2nd batch of nucs. This 2nd batch should be ready for end of May, throughout June and maybe into July, depending on the season.
We still have our last remaining overwintered Nucs available, probably for the next couple of weeks. These should be ready in April. Once they have sold out, we will be selling the next batch of Nucs for May/June.
We are now taking orders for Queens on the website. Dont get too excited though as they will be a while before they are ready. Carniolans and Buckfasts should be ready first, End of April, with the other strains ready in May.
Straps and Weights to help against the wind.
Looks like more gales are on the way so we have ‘battened down the hatches’ ready for the winds which seem to be picking up. It is a sunny day so must be the calm before the storm.
August is a key month for Varroa Control and all the colonies and nucs are getting treated for Varroa over the next few weeks to make sure Varroa numbers are low. This ensures strong, healthy colonies during the Winter Months ready for the Spring.
We still have a supply of Buckfast Cross Queens available for sale. Free Delivery and should be with you within 2-4 days (Weather Dependant).
Click here for Available Queens
ok, so its only June, but we are already in full flow, preparing our stocks ready for next Spring. These will be ready for pre-order in September onwards.
the New Zealand nucs have been building up nicely and the bees have been checked by FERA and give a clean bill of health. You will be contacted shortly to arrange collection of your bees.